[Tagging] differences on wiki about roles of relation route.

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 11:57:58 BST 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM, fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> There exists major differences on wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route
> between german and english.
>
> All the roles with ...:number are striped out on the german page.
>
> There is no role link on the german page.
>
> The definition in german for forward/backward say you should use it for the
> direction of the route but it english it says to use it for the direction of the
> way.

German: "forward" = [falls eine Route nur in einer Richtung benutzt
werden kann] in Richtung des Wegelements
English: "forward" means the route follows this way only in the
direction of the way

What's the difference between those two, to me they say the same.
'Forward' means: the direction of the route is the direction of the
way; 'backward' means: the direction of the route is opposite to the
direction of the way.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com