[Tagging] highway=motorway and motorroad (implies)

Elena of Valhalla elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:59:19 BST 2010

On 6/10/10, fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 10.06.2010 15:23, schrieb Pieren:
>>     1. I know some motorways which are not oneway.
>> not in Europe
> yes, in Germany. If the Road is in/under cronstuction and also some ends of
> motorways.

End of motorways that aren't oneway don't look like highway=motorway
to me, but rather highway=motorway_link. Do they have motorway speed
limits, or lower ones?

> They are sign as motorways but the only have one lane and some
> have
> no physical barrier in between.
>
> This situation can sometimes last for years.

This is a temporary situation, however, so I believe it is better to
tag it with some work-in-progress / under-construction tag, rather
than a single way.

Anyway, there are motorway tunnels like the Gotthard one that have
just one shaft and one lane per direction, but they are few exceptions
and can be easily tagged oneway=no.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''

homepage: http://www.trueelena.org