[Tagging] highway=motorway and motorroad (implies)

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Fri Jun 11 03:11:49 BST 2010

I knew that Interstates were patrolled by state police, but was under the (possibly mistaken) impression that many of the regulations concerning the use of the Interstate highway system were set by the Federal government, since it set up the Interstate highway system and provides the majority of the funding for it.  I had not heard of any Interstate highways where bicycles were allowed; all that I have seen prohibited bicycle use.  Admittedly, it has been several decades since I was last on the US West Coast.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com