[Tagging] What classification for a connecting link?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 08:09:06 BST 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Simone Saviolo
<simone.saviolo at gmail.com> wrote:
> The wiki seems pretty clear to me: the definition for trunk_link says
>
> "The link roads (sliproads/ramps) leading to/from a trunk road from/to
> a trunk road or lower class highway."
>
> So if this connection leads from a trunk to a primary, then the
> connection is a trunk_link.

Hmm, I read it the other way: only tag slip roads/slip
lanes/onramps/offroads as trunk_link. Tag everything else as something
else.

If it means what you think it means, it produces a really ugly result
imho, having every service lane entrance and minor road crossing
appearing as a green road in Mapnik.

Steve