[Tagging] Builders' Merchants -> Timber Merchant

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 24 09:42:45 BST 2010

Again  in the UK, we have a distinct sort of "outlet" which supplies
timber. These are generally known as timber merchants and the places
where they operate are sometimes called timber yards.

These are usually large areas with associated buildings housing
substantial mechanised saws. They are not generally saw mills
in the sense that they do not normally handle whole trees. Rather they
buy in large pieces of wood and cut and process them to order, although
they will generally keep a stock of the commonly needed sizes.

I saw a timber_mill tag mentioned in the wiki but that didn't seem to
be the same thing.

So while we are on _Merchant, how should timer merchants be tagged?
Would shop=timber-yard be easily understood and useful?

ael