[Tagging] superroute relation

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:44:18 BST 2010

Hi

1. of all type=superroute relation is not well documented.

2. I wonder if and how far I can use superroutes.

On the wiki: wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route , last paragraph
"Multiple routes share the same path", it is mentioned that a lot of tools are
not working right with superroutes and that I have to add all the tags like ref=
to the lower relation, aswell. Is this still up to date?

Can I use superroute for E-Routes (European Route) and for example include a
whole national motorway in it, if they share all ways or is this a network ?

Next, if upper works, can I include TMC:Segments in the motorway ?
What is then a superroute, network or normal route?

Maybe I need another ref for a "part"-relation how do I tag that if it also has
to include the ref-tag from upper-relations ?

Cheers
skyper