[Tagging] Builders' Merchants -> Timber Merchant

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 26 10:01:28 BST 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 10:49:28AM +1000, John Smith wrote:
> On 26 June 2010 08:31, ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > Can someone come up with a better idea. Please :-)
>
> You haven't really explained what was so wrong with shop=supplies,
> considering it's intended to be only used with a subtag giving it
> context it seems perfectly fine to me.

It carried no connotations beyond that of shop: I was hoping for
something that naturally suggested a class of outlets. I agree
that the values provide an implicit definition.

At least variant carries an implication of a restricted class, but I agree
that this advantage is marginal.

So either supplies or variant? But I would like to wait a little
longer in the hope that a better word occurs to someone.

ael