[Tagging] football or soccer ?

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 12:41:33 BST 2010

> 1) JOSM should use sport=american_football, not the "do not use" sport=football
> 2) I'll add sport=american_football to the wiki. I don't think it
> needs a proposal or vote, frankly, but if anyone cares to go through
> that loop, feel free to revert my edit and set it up.

Well, I think no one oppose this. Maybe we can collect list of other
football wariants so list would be complete and therefore valid.

To change it in JOSM, you need to write bug report in Trac with link
to this thread and clear explanation why you think it should be done
so.

Also notice that Cloudmade Mapzen also have POI support, so notifying
them would be good as well.

Cheers,
Peter.