[Tagging] How To Tag Coastlines That Are Also Cliffs?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun May 2 16:27:50 BST 2010

2010/5/2 Zeke Farwell <ezekielf at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for all the ideas.  Definitely seems like natural=coastline;cliff is
> a bad idea and may screw up coastline rendering.

on the other hand use of separators on coastlines could push
integration of multiple feature values into the main tools (or maybe
by preprocessing -> for all data consuming applications). I'm not a
programmer but I think it would be very easy to duplicate a node/way
and separate 2 tags which are marked by a ;-separator before
continuing to process the data in a normal way. More complicated (and
zoom-dependant) it would be to generate auto-offsets -> could be done
individually with custom rules for it.

cheers,
Martin