[Tagging] City Walls and multipolygons in Osmarender

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 3 14:47:05 BST 2010

2010/5/3 Seventy 7 <seventy7 at operamail.com>:
> The existing walls have been tagged historic=citywalls which render as a thick grey line in Mapnik and don't render at all in Osmarender. This is an undocumented tag as far as I can tell.

thanks for this, I was mapping city-walls in Rome and the thin grey
line for them in mapnik (and the fact it was only shown in very high
zoom levels where you would not see all of it) led to this ticket:
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/2172

I'll try to put historic=citywall as a supplement.

> I think that the thick grey line is more befitting of a city wall and also allows a path to run on top, as per elsewhere in York,

+1
also think of providing information for city gates (name, interuption
of the barrier-feature, possible construction date and so on).

cheers,
Martin