[Tagging] Cleaning up

Jonas Minnberg sasq64 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 17:04:42 BST 2010

OK, I think I'm beginning to understand the lay of the land.

What I most wanted to get acknowledged is that data gathered first hand on
street level should trump data traced from low-res satellite images.

I will not remove any walkways or cycleways that are adjacent to other ways.
I will align POI:s to walls or slightly inside for "storefront" shops,pubs
etc.
I will remove incorrect areas obviously defined from only looking at
satellite images, unless I can tag them to something that fits.
I will not join together joining areas since there doesn't seem to
be consensus on that.

In short, I can forget about consistency but hopefully be able to remove
things that are wrong - and I mean wrong when considered by a person
actually looking at the thing.

Concerning shops - I think that the POI should be placed just inside the
door, even if the shops main area is further inside. You remember
shops locations by their storefronts. (Not for shops inside malls of
course.)