[Tagging] Green areas that are not parks (revisited)

Jonas Minnberg sasq64 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 13:49:35 BST 2010

Ok so I keep running into these; green areas visible on satellite imagery
that are tagged as parks but aren't really.

My first instinct was to remove them, but that was mostly met
with skepticism and alternative tag suggestions. So  I am thinking of
inventing a couple of new tags for this:

landuse=lawn (For smaller areas of kept grass that are
either inaccessible or not meant to - you know - picnic on or similar).

landuse=yard (For private backyards etc, usually inaccessible, even if they
may look park-like on the satellite).

-- Sasq