[Tagging] Green areas that are not parks (revisited)

Jonas Minnberg sasq64 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 19:01:45 BST 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Craig Wallace <craigw84 at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I think "yard" is a rather vague word, as it could also be a farmyard,
> industrial yard, courtyard, shipyard etc.

That is what I like about it - when all I can find out about an area is that
is green and lies in between buildings, "yard" is an appropriately vague
word.

The area=yes, surface=grass tag mentioned will also work to that effect.

What about landuse=curtilage
> See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtilage
> This is the official / legal term for the enclosed area around a
> dwelling. And its (usually) private, not accessible by the public.
> It might include a lawn, trees/plants, a shed, a paved area etc.

Will work for when I can visibly confirm it.