[Tagging] Green areas that are not parks (revisited)

"Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" xificurk at gmail.com
Mon May 10 08:15:22 BST 2010

I really really don't think it is a good idea to degrade the
leisure='garden' tag to mark everything from a castle garden,
dendrological garden (with or without public access), or e.g. small
Japanese garden belonging to a tea-house, to the extreme case of plain
cut grass in some backyard. Such a vague usage of a tag is imho
something that shouldn't be in OSM.
Tagging every piece of an area with surface=* really isn't an option as
I wrote before. But after a while of searching the wiki, I found
something reasonable... Until there is a better solution I'll use the
proposed scheme of landuse='residential' + residential='garden'.

Regards,
Petr Morávek