[Tagging] Draft - new barrier values

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri May 14 05:11:59 BST 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:58 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> right, but "just start using these values" is too weak. How would you
>> know if anyone else was using some similar scheme but with different
>> tags?
>

> tagwatch? OSMdoc?

Anyone regularly do this? I'm curious. I don't.

> Still I think that writing
> down stuff in the wiki is a good way to get things unified. The
> problem you are describing is not a big one, the real problem is
> people describing different stuff with the same tags.

Yes. But we keep treating the opposite problem as an easy one which
will resolve itself one day. Do we actually have a process for merging
tags? I'm a bit concerned that communities develop that each prefer
their own tag, and they will resist (actively or passively) any
attempt to change their tags...

Steve