[Tagging] Tagging communication transponders

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 04:05:10 BST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:48 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The ACMA (Australian Communications and Media Authority) just released
> a data set of communication transponder locations for TV and radio
> station, a lot of these share the same mast/tower however this
> proposed feature suggests using multiple nodes to indicate multiple
> transponders but this doesn't seem like a good idea to me:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Communications_Transponder

Separate entities should be represented by separate OSM elements.
Relations are "groups of objects in which each object may take on a
specific role", so I don't think this is appropriate here.

I think the proposal to use a node for each transponder is right. They
will only be placed at the same position if one is directly above the
other - this is a limitation of mapping the world in 2D.