[Tagging] Fixed position GPS receivers

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 02:48:00 BST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 May 2010 11:04, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Isn't "measuring tectonic plate movements" a kind of "surveying"?
> > man_made=survey_point sounds right to me.
>
> You might be able to twist logic to extent to surveying but that
> doesn't make sense to me because these sites aren't used for
> surveying, they are used for monitoring.

>From wikipedia: "Surveying or land surveying is the technique and
science of accurately determining the terrestrial or three-dimensional
position of points and the distances and angles between them. These
points are usually on the surface of the Earth, and they are often
used to establish land maps and boundaries for ownership or
governmental purposes."

IMHO, those sites are used for surveying. Or at least they're close
enough to not warrant introducing a new obscure tag.