[Tagging] wine roads in openstreetmap

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat May 22 23:24:31 BST 2010

On Sun, 23 May 2010, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> I see that there is a feature suggestion for adding wine roads on the map.
>
> How should that be done? Is tourism=wine_road ok? Should roads be
> added into a new relation?
>
> I see only that Slovenians are talking about this, but still there is
> no suggestion on what tags to use:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapping_Trails_In_Slovenia#Tourism
>
> Does anybody tag wine roads? How?
>
> Thank you.
Not sure that my interpretation is correct.
I think that you have routes through wine growing / making areas which take
tourists to the wineries.
This is not the only purpose of the physical roads.

If so, then a relation would be a sensible suggestion
I think we have used relation for "Tourist Route" in Australia.