[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Garden specification)

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 00:43:45 BST 2010

2010/5/25 "Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" <xificurk at gmail.com>:
>> What's wrong with the current tags?
>>
>> leisure=park
>> leisure=garden
>
> There is nothing wrong with that, but again - what's the landuse?
> I mean - it's not a wild natural ground, the land is used for specific
> purpose by people, so imho it should be tagged with landuse tag saying
> "this land is used for leisure, recreation or something"... in a lot of
> cases that would be larger area than what you would tag with
> leisure=whatever.

Just because something is tagged as a garden or park has no indication
of use, most parks I know of have signs up about what they can't be
used for, like golf practice, dogs off their leash and motorbikes, but
they can be used for picnics, playing other sports and kids just
horsing about, so landuse=leisure, leisure=park...