[Tagging] quarries in engineering

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 15:05:01 GMT 2010

Gravel/sand/clay come from river beds, generally. Quarries are when
you blast half a hill away.

But I'm not an engineer...

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:47 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any native english speaking engineers (or someone otherwise
> into this topic) on this list?
> 1. I would like to know (besides what wikipedia:en states), whether
> gravel pits are comprised in "quarry". I'm quite sure that "rubble" is
> inside "quarry", but am not sure for "gravel".
> 2. What about sand and clay. Do they come from "quarries"?
> cheers,
> Martin
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging

More information about the Tagging mailing list