[Tagging] geology taggin?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 08:28:02 GMT 2010

2010/11/11 Xan <dxpublica at telefonica.net>:
> hi,
>
> Is there any tag for tagging geology of the ground: for example that it's
> formed by clay, or by volcanic rocks...?

There are some tags in natural and personally I am in favour of a
landcover tag (which in case of vegetation probably still wouldn't be
what you are looking for) (some are advocating to use surface for
this). For geologic structure below surface there will probably be no
consensus whether to put it, as it is not easily verificable "on the
ground", so this might better be kept in a db aside.

cheers,
Martin