[Tagging] geology taggin?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 11:58:23 GMT 2010

2010/11/13 Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>:
> Am 13.11.2010 12:04, schrieb Morten Kjeldgaard:
> How is landcover=trees any more helpful then widely used landuse /
> natural?!?

in the case of landuse: landuse=residential, landcover trees ? Or
natural=beach, landcover trees? Landuse is the _usage_ of an area.

> How is landcover orthogonal to landuse / natural?

landuse is the usage of the land, natural is used to denote features
like summits, cave entrances, beaches, bays, ...

> BTW: There is *no* benefit of a new landcover tag compared to existing tags.

this is your opinion, I say the contrary.

cheers,
Martin