[Tagging] geology taggin?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 11:21:12 GMT 2010

2010/11/13 Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>:
> Am 13.11.2010 12:58, schrieb M∡rtin Koppenhoefer:
>> landuse is the usage of the land, natural is used to denote features
>> like summits, cave entrances, beaches, bays, ...
>
> No.
>
> Have a look at the natural section of:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features
>
> heath, scree, scrub, fell, sand is what you think what landcover should be.
> We already have that.

Yes, I know, but only scree and sand would be landcover tags (sand is
not well established I'd say, and it is not helpful at all, as you
can't combine it with beach or other natural values, user Skippern put
this to the features on 5th Nov. 2010, but there was no discussion,
announcement or voting), and on the other hand most of the natural
values are not landcover tags: bay, beach, cave_entrance, cliff,
coastline, fell, (heath not sure), land, peak, spring, tree, volcano,
stone (=free standing stone). I think you know this as I posted a
similar list recently to talk-de.

I'd take the few landcover values from natural to the landcover tag.

cheers,
Martin