[Tagging] geology taggin?

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 14 20:07:08 GMT 2010

On 14/11/2010 19:30, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> BTW: There was exactly *no* good example, which real world problem could
> be solved with landcover that can't be done with: surface, natural
> and/or landuse.

I think it would help with the mess of natural=wood vs landuse=forest.
eg if I see an area of trees, I don't know whether or not it is
"natural" or "managed". Best to just have a tag that says this land is
covered with trees. Then you can add extra tags for how managed it is
(if you know that), plus tag what type of trees it is, and what it is
used for etc.

So I think a tag of something like landcover=trees would be very useful.