[Tagging] Busways

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Nov 15 17:14:05 GMT 2010

The Cambridgeshire busway is tagged highway=bus_guideway (actuaklly it
is currently tagged highway=construction, construction=bus_guideway
because it is delayed).

We had a long discussion about this at the time.

This busway is somewhat different from what's been described below
because it is a very special kind of road, which has some aspects ion
common with a railway (it has a track and has specially adapted buses
running on it; but is it signalled as signed as a road). There are other
examples in Essen Germany and Auckland New Zealand I believe.

It certainly isn't just a service road to which buses have access. Those
(short) sections (of the Cambridgeshire busway) without the trackbed I
think are not service either, they are unclassified roads to which buses
only have access - they aren't like a service road in an industrial
estate or car park.

David