[Tagging] How to tag a (main) entrance to a large feature?

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:41:18 GMT 2010

Features such as parks may cover a large area, and if the park is
drawn as a polygon, routing software will likely choose the centroid.
The nearest point on public roads to the centroid may however not be
the actual entrance to the park. For example, go to
http://www.yournavigation.org/ and get directions from Orlando, FL to
Wekiwa Springs State Park (the actual entrance is in the southeast
corner; use Wisteria St, Orange County, FL). How can we make sure that
the software will know where the entrance is?

This also applies to large resort hotels, where we would want to mark
the check-in building, and to pretty much everything large that has a
single main entrance.