[Tagging] How to tag a (main) entrance to a large feature?

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Nov 18 11:40:20 GMT 2010

While it's proposed only for buildings, it could be used for other
entrances as well IMHO:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/entrance

But the google picture I would interpret as a gate with access=private.
Barriers on nodes are AFAIK difficult for much routers yet, but at least
on the long term that's an issue routers have to solve as it's a common
case.

If there is no (public) entrance here, tag it as access and a good
router should respect that.

regards
Peter