[Tagging] How to tag a (main) entrance to a large feature?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 12:12:54 GMT 2010

2010/11/18 Mike N. <niceman at att.net>:

>  Better than than barrier=entrance,   I think entrance= is a better tag: for
> a park, this would be "main" or "visitor", although some parks have multiple
> visitor entrances.

to be sure you might tag both. I agree that barrier=entrance for
holes/openings is somehow superfluous, because you would simply
interrupt the barrier instead of tagging the node with entrance.
Generally I'd prefer to map all barriers and ways and thereby you (and
your router) would already see all possible entrances. To discover the
"main" entrance I do not have a good concept, but would generally
myself be content with any accessible entrance, hasn't to be the
"main" one ;-)

cheers,
Martin