[Tagging] How to tag a (main) entrance to a large feature?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 22:32:02 GMT 2010

IMHO the issue of tagging entrances is a bit orthogonal to this issue.
The issue here is, how to place the target of a search anywhere other
than the centroid?

If there is a large polygon that someone is likely to find by
searching, and want to route towards, IMHO the right solution is some
kind of relation, linking the polygon to a node which represents "this
is where you drive to". Perhaps this could be done under the existing
"site" relation. Perhaps it needs something different.

But in any case, a simple "entrance" tag on an un-associated
node/way/area will not, imho, help much.

Steve