[Tagging] tagging no truck access in US

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:06:13 GMT 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
> what are people doing for this? the truck oriented access tags in the
> wiki are oriented towards UK legal categories whereas i'm basically
> looking at a simple sign that says "no trucks". the wiki would have
> me use

Another problem is that even if the sign says no trucks, the actual
legal status is probably *=destination or *=delivery (what's the
difference?) since otherwise there's no way for a moving truck, for
example, to get to a residence.

Add to this that different places have different rules (sometimes,
like on NYC parkways, it's 'no commercial vehicles', while I've seen
'no trucks over * gross vehicle weight' and 'no vehicles requiring a
commercial driver's license') and it's a big mess.