[Tagging] tagging no truck access in US

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:47:10 GMT 2010

2010/11/19 SomeoneElse <lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk>:
> From memory in the Western US I've seen "no trucks" and then in smaller
> writing "over 6 tons" or similar.  Some kind of note about what the local
> rules are likely to be (or something explicit, if it's explicit).  I'm sure
> other people can suggest how they'd tag max weight for a road (it's not
> something that I've done).

Yes, I'd say that's best represented with maxweight.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Maxweight

The hgv-class is defined for vehicles over 3.5 t, if your legislation
has different weight limits I'd suggest to introduce a different
value/key and document that on the access-page in the wiki.

cheers,
Martin