[Tagging] tagging no truck access in US

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 16:58:54 GMT 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:47 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> The hgv-class is defined for vehicles over 3.5 t, if your legislation
> has different weight limits I'd suggest to introduce a different
> value/key and document that on the access-page in the wiki.

No, why ? If the min/max weight is different, then improve the "Heavy Goods
Vehicle" definition to local laws and don't create a new key saying the same
thing. This will simplify to live of editors, developers and data consumers.
Look what was done for primaries, secondaries, etc. They don't have a
different name just because the speed limit is different in each country:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Maxspeed
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions

Pieren