[Tagging] Charity tagging

Laurence Penney lorp at lorp.org
Mon Nov 22 20:47:41 GMT 2010

Hi Hurricane,

I tagged some shop=charity over the last couple of months, but did so reluctantly. I think I might go back and use shop=second_hand. We could use something like business=charity or business_model=charity or charity=* to declare that it is non-commercial.

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de/tags/shop=charity (345)
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de/tags/shop=second_hand (403)

I've also tagged several charity bookshops as shop=books. For these it seemed even more important to model the type of thing you can buy, rather than the business model - but that may be because I buy lots of second hand books and only a few second hand clothes.

What do you think of avoiding shop=charity?

- L