[Tagging] Width of shop frontage

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 23:00:36 GMT 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 9:08 PM, Richard Mann
<richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Laurence Penney <lorp at lorp.org> wrote:
>> In some detailed shop tagging I'm doing it feel's like I'm missing a method of declaring that a given shop is more than the width of one "shop unit". I'm considering adding units=2, units=3 etc for such cases.
>
> If it's more than one unit, it probably has multiple house numbers, so
> you can indicate it in that way.

I think this is the right approach here. Work based on addresses, not
a new concept of "shop units". One could build an app that let you
start at a given address, and would automatically increment the
address each time you enter information about another shop. Regularly
check that the addresses are in sync. This would support the use cases
given below.

Steve