[Tagging] Tagging average speed [Was: Re: Residential roads]

woll woll at 2-islands.com
Tue Oct 5 00:04:04 BST 2010

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> 2010/10/4 Woll Newall <woll at 2-islands.com>:
>> 'time to destination' totally incorrect, the route chosen is often wrong
>> as
>> well, because choosing a slightly different route would make journey
>> times
>> much quicker.
>

> but only if not all of the drivers are using OSM i.E. the same
> shortcuts...
>
> cheers,
> Martin

True! Although, I expect that at that point, all cars will be driven in
"crash-proof-auto-pilot mode", so all the cars will be travelling at the
maximum legal speed, even in the rush hour - so finally, today's navigation
systems' useless time-estimations, based on the raw maximum legal speeds,
will be accurate ;-)