[Tagging] Animal rescue centre

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue Oct 5 00:21:36 BST 2010

  On 04/10/2010 23:15, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> 2010/10/4 Dave F.<davefox at madasafish.com>:
>>> animal=shelter
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Animal
>> This appears to be round the wrong way.
>
> might be
>

>> As these types of places tend to occupy a large area, it's drawn as a closed
>> way or even as the actual buildings rather than a POI.
>
> a POI is not just a point, it can be just as well a way or an area.

Yes, I agree

>> This implies that the actual physical structure is an animal.
>
> hm, so in leisure=park the actual physical structure is a leisure?

Well, not to get drawn into a general tagging war, but I think that many
(primary) key tags are inappropriate, including leisure (but also
power=* & any that are a subjective adjectives such as historical=*)

I personally think all key tags should be nouns & physical.

(If you really do want to discuss this further, please start a new
thread but I advice against it as it will be so boring ;) )

>> It should be something like:
>> building=animal_rescue_centre
>
> It can have a building tag, but I'd suggest to tag
> building=<building-type>  and not building=<building-function>

Could you expand on what you mean by building-type compared with
building-function?

Cheers
Dave F.