[Tagging] How do I amend the wiki Was[add leisure=swimming_pool to the core-features]

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Oct 13 00:43:10 BST 2010

  On 12/10/2010 23:02, Brad Neuhauser wrote:
> If you go to edit a OSM wiki page, just to the right of Save Page |
> Show Preview | Show Changes is a link for "Editing Help", which does
> go to a page with links which will help in editing, including the wiki
> markup.

Yes. I came across that page a while back.

The first link sends the newbie editor (who probably doesn't understand
anything about wiki editing) to a page that, well appears to be
gobbledygook.

It's in English,  so the minimum you'd expect is for it to be written by
somebody who knows the English language.

for example: "Here is OpenStreetMap wiki, of course you can insert the
OSM's map into any pages."

I know what you're thinking but please, read it again; it doesn't make a
sentence.

Under the heading:"Colour and symbol legend"; there are some graphics
that I've never come across in the time I've been contributing to OSM.

Apologies to sound negative, but it really puts off the newbie users,
especially as it's the first page they come to.

Should these types of fundamental pages be rewritten & then locked?

Cheers
Dave F.