[Tagging] Successful proposal

Sean Horgan seanhorgan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:52:00 BST 2010

As a new tagger, I look to Map Features to see what tags were supported by
the community, not to see the most common tags.  When I want to know the
most commonly used tags, I use some automated tool like taginfo or tagstat.

We are wrestling with a presentation issue and clearly a single wiki page
for Map Features isn't working.  I can easily imagine some people wanting to
view the features by the number of occurrences, the number of different
users who have used it, the number of different countries it's used in, and
the last time it was used.  I don't know if the current wiki engine will
support such dynamic display but I doubt it.

Being new I don't know of any previous efforts to develop some application
to manage the community supported tags.  Has there been any?

--
Sean