[Tagging] shop=kiosk

Noel David Torres Taño envite at rolamasao.org
Mon Oct 18 03:41:16 BST 2010

On Domingo 17 Octubre 2010 10:52:15 M∡rtin Koppenhoefer escribió:
> shops should be tagged with shop=<shop category>, which refers to the
> kind of stuff sold, also in cases like supermarket or convenience,
> which are less obvious then e.g. shop=electronics.
>
> shop=kiosk breaks this rule, as it doesn't refer to the sold products
> but to the building typology.
>
> Therefore I'd like to propose to use building=kiosk and mark
> shop=kiosk as deprecated. The 10184 uses of shop=kiosk should be
> retagged by local mappers to indicate the product(s) sold (newspaper,
> fast_food, lottery-stuff, tobacco, etc.)
>
> cheers,
> Martin

I agree too to the actual shop=kiosk system, since it refers to what is
actually sold at certain places (that are typically, but not necessarily)
specific buildings. So the actual "a little shop selling cigarettes,
newspapers, sweets, snacks and beverages" is perfectly acceptable and useable
to me.

Regards

Noel
er Envite