[Tagging] shop=kiosk

john at jfeldredge.com john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Oct 18 18:36:22 BST 2010

The standard usage of "kiosk", in most of the world, is to describe a type of building.  The word comes from Farsi (the language spoken in Iran), and referred to a garden pavilion.  The standard usage in English is to a small, one-room building, with a window open on one or more sides.

Even by your own description, a kiosk shop does not sell kiosks, and all of the goods described are also for sale in larger shops that are not called kiosks.  So, the term is a description of the building, not of the goods sold from the building.