[Tagging] emergency=fire_hydrant

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 19 01:40:10 BST 2010

Am 18.10.2010 12:20, schrieb Rodolphe Quiedeville:
> Le 18/10/2010 09:31, Rodolphe Quiedeville a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I started rename amenity=fire_hydrant to emergency=fire_hydrant as it is
>> describe in the wiki. I checked there's no rendering in mapnik styles
>> and T at H.
> [...]
>
> I forgot to say that I've opened a ticket to fix the JOSM presets :
>
> http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/5537
>
> If someone could say to me how to fix the Merkaartor presets too, I'll
> do my best to do it too.

There has been a very lengthy discussion about the emergency category -
and there wasn't a clear outcome. There wasn't a consensus if the change
is useful at all and it's still unclear what should be in the emergency
category and what not.

Then the Wiki was changed without community consensus. Then you seem to
have made a mass edit without following the code of conduct about mass
edits.

Now you have the nerve to tell the JOSM developers: "The key for fire
hydrant is false, it's emergency=fire_hydrant instead of
amenity=fire_hydrant, here a patch to fix the default presets"

The JOSM presets are correct and don't need to be fixed. Please revert
the wiki and your mass edit changes back to it's original state!

The developers have better things to do than these wiki fiddling
nonsense ...

Regards, ULFL