[Tagging] [Talk-us] how to tag US townships?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Oct 20 20:28:30 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Jim McAndrew <jim at loc8.us> wrote:
> There are townships in other states that are managed differently, but in PA
> and NJ, they are just county subdivisions, and are not points to put on a
> map.

I think you're right here, though I probably would indicate the
township boundaries on most maps in a similar (though somewhat less
prominent) manner to county boundaries - at least at certain zoom
levels.

And, of course, it all depends on the map.  In certain maps of the
county (like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_of_Mifflin_County_Pennsylvania_With_Municipal_and_Township_Labels.png),
townships may very well play a prominent role.