[Tagging] atms with names?

Noel David Torres Taño envite at rolamasao.org
Fri Oct 22 18:18:42 BST 2010

On Viernes 22 Octubre 2010 17:58:04 Peter Budny escribió:
> John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> writes:
> > On 23 October 2010 02:25, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> The wiki states the "name" is a suitable tag for atm. I disagree
> >> because I don't know named atms. Do you? I am also proposing the use
> >> of the network-tag (or maybe brand?) e.g. "cash_group" "Sparkasse",
> >> "Volks- und Raiffeisenbank"  (all german networks for atms). I this is
> >> undisputed, I'd change the wiki.
> >
> > What is wrong with the operator=* or brand=* tags?
>
> +1 to both
>
> name=* to me would equate to the name that appears on my bank statement,
> like "Student Center Post Office ATM" or "Lenox Square Mall ATM".  It
> sounds like what you're describing fits in operator=* or brand=*.
>
> I don't know about network=*... even though they're called "networks",
> that seems like a different meaning from the existing uses of network=* in
> OSM.

I've asked about this too. I can understand that name=* refers to a specific
name of the particular ATM, like "Lenox Square Mall ATM" as you said. But
where to write "Banca March" (bank) and where to write "Servired" (network)?
Which one is operator=* and which one is brand=* ?

Thanks

Noel
er Envite