[Tagging] atms with names?

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Sat Oct 23 10:00:43 BST 2010

Am 23.10.2010 09:06, schrieb John Smith:
> On 23 October 2010 03:29, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer<dieterdreist at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> all cases. Using brand with multiple values feeld incorrect to me,
>> because it is not the brands of the atm but it is networks where it is
>> affiliated with.
> Isn't this what relations are for, to group things?
No.
Relations are to relate things to each other. Therefore the role is the
interesting part of the relation concept.

A group of things, where none of them has a specific role is not a
relation, it's a collection or category.
Often relations are misused for these kind, but intentionally this is
not correct.

regards
Peter