[Tagging] Difference between footway and pedestrian

Noel David Torres Taño envite at rolamasao.org
Tue Oct 26 22:55:37 BST 2010

On Martes 26 Octubre 2010 22:33:35 M∡rtin Koppenhoefer escribió:
> 2010/10/26 Noel David Torres Taño <envite at rolamasao.org>:
> > There are two values highway=footway and highway=pedestrian and I do not
> > know which are the differences between them. The wiki does not contain a
> > decisive difference mark.
>
> footways are generally smaller. pedestrian indicates a road but with
> limited or no traffic (pedestrianized), mostly you find them in
> pedestrian zones.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Thanks to both. My problem is this: I have a street in a city, in a pedestrian
zone, but it is small enough to be unsuitable for cars.

Near that, I have another one, just in the limits of the urban zone (maybe we
can call it outskirts), just as wide as a man, walls on both sides, and it is
the only access to some houses.

Should I tag them both with highway=footway ?

Thanks

Noel
er Envite