[Tagging] [Talk-us] stop signs

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 14:26:48 BST 2010

2010/10/27  <john at jfeldredge.com>:
> I have never seen a stop sign at a railroad crossing.  Buses are required by law to stop before a railroad crossing, and open the bus door so that the driver can better hear if a train is approaching.  Some other commercial vehicles routinely stop as well, but private vehicles aren't required to stop.
>
> If there is a jurisdiction that places stop signs at each railroad crossing, I would be interested in learning where it is.

really I don't see the point of this discussion anymore: I already
question the benefit of tagged stop signs in general, as a stop sign
itself requires very few seconds of travel time, while a unregulated
crossing with a lot of traffic from the right might require a lot
more, it all depends merely on traffic density (which itself is quite
dependent on the time). But why should we conduct research on
"jurisdiction that places stop signs at each railroad crossing" or
stuff like this? Is our way of mapping stop signs (or better the
"requirement to stop") depending on this?

Cheers,
Martin