[Tagging] Waterway direction

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Wed Sep 1 20:36:07 BST 2010

  On 01/09/2010 20:15, John F. Eldredge wrote:
> I am not sure whether that would be classified as a type of culvert or
> not.  Do we have any civil engineers on the mailing list who could
> answer that question?
I'm not a civil engineer* but that certainly comes within the range of
things that people on the list have agreed could be called culverts,
notwithstanding the things that people were arguing about were or
weren't.  It also fits the dictionary definition that I dug out a day or
so ago.

Cheers,
Andy

*but grew up on low-lying farmland and endured endless conversations
about land drainage as a kid!