[Tagging] Relation for saying "x is attached to y"?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 17:37:48 BST 2010

2010/9/2 Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Phil! Gold <phil_g at pobox.com> wrote:
>> There is a proposal for a tracks= tag:
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Multiple_Tracks
>
> Ok, two points:
> 1) That's a mechanism for only having a single way, and coding
> information about the number of tracks. I'm talking about mapping both
> tracks, but also mapping a single way which *represents* both tracks.

so you are talking about rendering? A rendering hint that these two
ways might be rendered as one in lower zooms? Or what do you intent
with "mapping both tracks, but _also_ mapping a single way which
*represents* both tracks."? Do you want to have three ways in OSM to
represent 2 tracks?

cheers,
Martin