[Tagging] tagging single trees

NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de
Tue Sep 7 16:24:16 BST 2010

John F. Eldredge wrote:

> It seems reasonable to me that a node simply tagged as a tree, with no
> other information, could be single or not-single, a landmark or not a
> landmark.

Again. We are not freely discussing a model to implement in the future. We
have a lot of work already done. And if there is a definition for a tag,
undisputed and unchanged for 4 years, and people use the tag in a fitting
manner, isn't it the most sensible thing to assume that they actually knew
what they were doing and meant exactly what the definition says?

John F. Eldredge wrote:

> From here on, in other mails, you use the German numbers as if they're
> the only numbers.

They are the only numbers I have. Do you have more?

John F. Eldredge wrote:

> It doesn't seem anyone's mind is being changed at this point, so I'd
> like to second Martin's suggestion that we move to the voting phase.

The statistics indicate that between 76% (German evaluation by myself) and
87% (global evaluation by Fabian Schmid) of the users who entered/touched a
node used it according to the current definition in the wiki. It does not
make sense to vote on any change if the actual use confirms the existing
state with a vast majority while the masses of nonconformant nodes come from
only a very small number of users.

bye
           Nop