[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Feature Proposal - Voting - Craft

edodd at billiau.net edodd at billiau.net
Tue Sep 7 22:11:59 BST 2010

> Am 07.09.2010 18:01, schrieb M∡rtin Koppenhoefer:
>> craft=fashion should be fashion_designer to correpond to the
>> translation, but still this is not a craft. I would put it in office.
> I don't think so, but I'd be happy to discuss the pros and cons.
>
> I see a fashion_designer as somebody who is creating custom-made
> clothes. Because he's creating something, it's a craft.

This discussion is because 'craft' is not the best English word.
I think the old word was a 'manufactory' from which factory came.
So in English, fashion design / creation is a craft, but it isn't a
'craft' according to the definition put up in the wiki. Shop yes,
sweat-shop most likely

Craft isn't a good English word for the key.
If you hide all keys behind editing software it won't matter.